Today Junius is officially six. As in, closer to 10 than birth. I suspect that if I blink slowly, I'll open my eyes to discover that he's 16. Gulp.
Here, for your reading pleasure in chronological order, are five of my favorite Junius posts (plus one to grow on) from the past year...
- First Day of Kindergarten (Aug. 4, 2010): The backpack looked so big and he looked so little. But he wasn't nearly as emotional about the day as his mommy was.
- Carolina Hurricanes Bring on the Fun (Sept. 19, 2010): Junius has turned out to be quite the serious hockey fan. Thankfully, there's a lot of fun that comes along with that.
- You've Got a Friend in Junius (Jan. 31, 2011): One of my proudest moments during the school year wasn't about Junius' academic performance.
- The F-Word (April 5, 2011): Junius is a bit of a tattle-tale. But sometimes, his tattling is hilarious -- like in this episode about his sister's language.
- Sign That Summer Is Coming (May 13, 2011): Junebug + friend + slip-n-slide = summer. It's good times in the front yard.
- Hair (June 14, 2011): Juni and I both got lots of cool points for this one. We also had to buy new hair product.
Happy birthday, Junius! May the coming year be just as amazing!