And I find that very comforting. As long as she still has some baby quirks, I can still hold on a little longer to the illusion that's she's not on the fast track to turning into a teenager. Which is terrifying.
So for now, here are five words that I love to hear Pippi say in her own way (with translations)...
- Nimps: mints, specifically Altoids, which she asks for every time we get into the car
- Allums: olives, preferably threaded onto her fingertips
- Guh-normous: ginormous, usually in reference to the size of her poop
- Bamamma: banana, one of her favorite snacks
- Mackin: napkin, something she needs a lot of at every meal