Anywho, because I aspire to be as cool a blogger as Brenna, I'm shamelessly copying her polaroid-style photo collage with one of my own. It was a little tricky finding my five items because so much of my stuff is packed away during the renovation, but here are some things in my house that make me happy.
- A mug from my friend B, featuring a photo of her beautiful family in camouflage. The joke is less funny when when I explain it, so trust me when I tell you this is hilarious.
- A framed piece of school art from Junius when he was three. It's a self-portrait, and the yarn does an admirable job of emulating his floufy hair.
- My grandmother's Duncan Phyfe sofa, which I had reupholstered in red corduroy. Perhaps not the expected fabric for an antique sofa, but I love the contrast.
- A glass star, one of three that hang in my kitchen window. They were gifts from my husband and make a lovely view to the backyard..
- A sampling of my books, recently unpacked into our new shelves. I always feel better with my books around. And yes, two of those are dictionaries.