Here are five just-right movies that we've enjoyed in recent years -- they're all a little quirky, but I like that in a film (and in friends, too, for that matter):
- Starter for Ten (2006): A lovely little British romantic comedy that doesn't involve Hugh Grant (yes, I do have a crush on him, but he shouldn't get all the roles).
- Tao of Steve (2000): Despite the fact that the promo poster makes this look like soft porn from the 80s, this was a great story with an interesting premise about guys named Steve.
- Happy, Texas (1999): Escaped convicts mistaken for a gay couple hosting a beauty pageant. How could you not want to see this movie?
- Lars and the Real Girl (2007): Okay, so this very sweet movie involves a man in a relationship with a blow-up doll. But you just have to trust me. Honest.
- Saved! (2004): And yes, this clever movie involves teen pregnancy and religion. But really, if you don't laugh out loud when Mandy Moore throws her bible at another girl and screams, "I am FILLED with Christ's love," well, then, I just can't help you.
What about you? What are your favorite "just-right" movies for a Friday night on the couch?