- The trash basket on the top shows we have small children who like to play with garbage.
- Three shirts and one pair of corduroy pants say that mommy gets the laundry clean and folded, but hasn't figured out where daddy keeps all his clothes (and neither has he).
- Next, the newspapers from President Obama's election and inauguration tell that we're Democrats -- but we have no system for saving memorabilia.
- Below that, the framed storypeople print (previously hanging on the bathroom wall, but removed for painting and never returned) says we're good at starting projects, but not as good at finishing them.
- The wadded up handful of receipts in front suggest purchases that might be returned, so we're saving them just in case.
- The Thomas the Train library book on the corner was placed there by Junius, who thought we might want to read it at night.
- The stack of daddy's birthday cards under the book shows he's sentimental enough to hang onto to the cards, but (again) no system for saving them.
- And the knickknacks (candlestick, frosted bottle, etc.) don't fit, but currently don't have anywhere else to go -- another unfinished project.
What do your piles say about you?