Thanks to my awesome husband, who splurged on two tickets for us, we got to see U2 perform on earlier this month at Carter-Finley Stadium (thankfully, we actually made it through the traffic, unlike some very disappointed fans). The band, which I first listened to in the mid-80s, thanks to my much cooler (and younger) brother, put on an amazing musical spectacle for a solid two hours. I don't know how they do it, night after night and year after year, but they really pulled it off.
I don't even need a Facebook quiz (I'm sure there is one) to tell me that I'd definitely want to be the guitarist/keyboardist/back-up vocalist, born David Howell Evans. So why, you're asking (I know you are), would you want to be The Edge? I'll tell you:
- He never has a bad hair day thanks to that hat (and apparently he doesn't have much hair left anyway).
- He plays guitar AND plays keyboard AND sings. Triple threat with a sexy guitar stance.
- He's been credited as defining the "U2 sound," even more so than Bono.
- He has the coolest stage name around, involving an article no less.
- He gets to run around stage, having a blast with his best friends from high school -- and he gets paid for it.
- He ate Cooper's BBQ after the Raleigh show. Okay, so they all did -- but I still think that is awesome.
Past "Musiciancarnation" posts:
Image from ctnews.com.