But given that I'm not actually that fancy in the kitchen, I'm
Sorry there's no photo -- I was too busy eating that day to take pictures.
In case anyone is looking for something tasty to make for mom on Sunday (for brunch, second breakfast or elevensies), here's a great option.
Jay's Famous Frittata
Chef's disclaimer: Jay does not measure, so all measurements are approximate. Feel free to use more or less of whatever, or add your own ingredients in place of ham, pepper and onion as you like.
1 small onion, diced
1 large pepper, diced
4-5 oz of cooked ham, diced
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large oven-safe pan, sautee butter with onion, pepper, and ham. Add salt and pepper to season.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, and more salt and pepper to season.
- Once ham/onion/peppers are golden/translucent/tender, pour egg mixture into sautee pan.
- As the eggs begin to cook, move the mixture in the pan so that the eggs cook evenly (chef says "lift the eggs on the side of the pan so that the other eggs get underneath").
- Once the eggs are almost done, sprinkle with cheese and pop under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Slide onto a platter and serve -- feeds 6-8 people, depending on how hungry you are.