The staff at StoryPeople are also really funny and clever -- it's worth getting on their mailing list just to get their adorable, stream-of-consciousness emails.
The tiny stories cover a spectrum of emotions and life moments -- sometimes funny, sometimes sad, sometimes touching, sometimes just plain weird. My personal list of favorites is very long, but today I'll share with you five of the sweet ones that I really love:
- No Words: I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that.
- Quiet Pride: There has never been a day when I have not been proud of you, I said to my son, though some days I'm louder about other stuff so it's easy to miss that.
- Her Laughter: The first time her laughter unfurled its wings in the wind, we knew that the world would never be the same.
- No Regret: I sometimes wake in the early morning & listen to the soft breathing of my children & I think to myself, this is one thing I will never regret & I carry that quiet with me all day long.
- True Things: They came to sit & dangle their feet off the edge of the world & after awhile they forgot everything but the good & true things they would do someday.