Sadly, all the national coverage focuses on the demise of our district's diversity policy and the mess that has ensued as the school board majority barrels their way back to so-called neighborhood schools. The latest items include a story in the Washington Post, a letter to the editor from U.S. Sec. of Education Arne Duncan, and now a featured spot on The Colbert Report (see video below).
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|The Word - Disintegration|
I love Stephen Colbert.
I just wish we could have recruited him to be our new superintendent when we still had a vacancy. Can you imagine how entertaining school board meetings would be?
If you want more
- Public Schools Need Sound Policy, Not Drama Queens
- Southern Schools, Northern Leaders
- More Comments to the Wake County Board of Education
- Lessons Learned, But No Easy Answers (from my days at West Charlotte)
- Comments to the Wake County Board of Education
- The School Board Is Not Listening
- Character Education
- Magnetic Responsibility
- The Public's Schools