So here's the Convertible Girl's TV Top 5, according to which shows are at the top of my TiVo season pass list -- compare it to what you're watching and let me know where I'm missing out:
- Modern Family: Between the ukulele clip, parenting mishaps with gay dads Cameron and Mitchell, and the funny stuff that Phil doesn't realize he's saying ("WTF? Why the face?"), this show about three branches of a family is the best on TV.
- 30 Rock: Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey are perfect together. With a great cast and so many repeatable lines, this show is fantastically clever.
- Community: The pilot for this series about a quirky group of community college students didn't win me over, but I tuned in again later in the year and now I'm hooked. The episode where Jeff refuses to play pool in shorts for his P.E. class (but winds up naked) was the one that brought me back.
- The Office: This season is fading for me, but it does crack me up that Kathy Bates is on the show now. The show was so good for so long, I'm still hanging in there.
- Psych: Technically, I sort of watch "The Mentalist" because I watch "Psych," but it still doesn't count (and if you don't watch "Psych," which you should, then you didn't get that joke.) Between the 80s references and the witty banter between Gus and Shawn, this psychic detective show is high quality fun.
Image credit from Psych