It's a little cheesy, I know, but darn if it doesn't always feel nice to be told that you (or something you've created) are beautiful. For those of you really paying attention, you may be reminded of the Honest Scrap Award from back in October -- this one is the same idea. So I guess that makes me a two-time award winner. I'm sure the marketers will be beating down my virtual door any minute now.
So now that I'm done congratulating myself, here goes the award process...
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award and post a link to her blog: Stephanie, you made my day!
2. Pass the award onto 7 other bloggers who I believe have a Beautiful Blog: The first six on this list are from local bloggers I met (most for the first time) at a very fun dinner last week. You should also know that I did not include the list of blogs named in the last award, but I think they are "Beautiful," too.
- Pretty Swell -- in addition to having a lovely, clean design, her blog includes resources for moms dealing with post-partum depression
- Motherhood and Me -- an honest look at motherhood and trying to be healthy, plus interviews with other bloggers (in case you don't have enough to read)
- Adventuroo -- great tips for getting outdoors with your family, plus a groovy design for the masthead that I love (and can you call it a masthead when it's online?)
- All Things Fadra -- just discovered her blog, but enjoyed chatting with Fadra (we sat beside each other) and love the range of topics she covers on her blog from technology to sleep deprivation
- Tales from a Marketing Mama -- Erin covers the gamut, too, from work and marketing to babies and parenting -- and we share the "best intentions" when it comes to kid crafts
- Dirt & Noise -- Ilina and I share an interest in local school board politics and 5:00 cocktails -- you'll definitely want to check out her Friday recipes
- Clemson Girl and the Coach -- ClemsonGirl isn't local, but she writes a very funny and very honest blog with lots of readers (and I actually know her because one of my high school BFFs is one of her college BFFs, which I'm sure makes me cooler by association)
3. Contact the other bloggers and let them know they have been chosen for this award: If your blog is on this list, check your comments.
4. Say 7 things about myself:
- I wish I had played sports growing up so that I'd be better at playing them with my kids.
- I'm Catholic and a Democrat -- the two shouldn't be mutually exclusive.
- I have a big head. Not metaphorically, literally -- lots of hats don't fit.
- I no longer remember what it's like to take a shower every day.
- I seem physically incapable of going to bed at a reasonable hour on a regular basis.
- I wish my name were more gender-neutral.
- I can't stand cheap toilet paper.
Okay. I'm exhausted now -- am clearly out of blogging-shape. Here's to more posts in April -- thanks for sticking around!