And so that's why my friend over at Old Dog New Tits (which, by the way, is one of the best Twitter/blog names ever) totally made my day for giving me the Sunshine Award. Clearly, I am deserving of this
Also, you're welcome for sticking Katrina & the Waves in your head for the rest of the day with this post title. It is my most favorite song (cue mental image of me with big hair and leg warmers).
But enough with the speeches. Here are the rules for this award:
1) Include the award logo in a post or in your blog.
2) Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3) Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
4) Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog to let them know they are nominated.
5) Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
And here are my answers to these random questions:
Favorite color: Carolina blue (duh). And sunny yellow, plus a little hydrangea pink and that gray-green shade that isn't anything at all like seafoam green.
Favorite number: 8 -- because it's so lovely, even and curvy. Also, 4 because it is fun to write. And never ever 7. Ick.
Favorite animal: My children. Honestly, they're like puppies with a bigger vocabulary.
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Chai latte, which I can almost never drink anymore because the black tea and the caffeine make my third kidney unhappy. But I should add that, thanks to my Indian friends in college, I was drinking them before Starbucks made them cool.
Prefer Facebook or Twitter: Twitter via Hootsuite. It's so much snarkier than Facebook.
My Passion: The beach. And napping. Especially napping at the beach.
Prefer giving or getting presents: Can I pick "exchanging"? Because I love finding just the right gift to give to someone, but who in their right mind doesn't love getting presents?! And by "exchanging" I mean I give you a gift and you give me a gift -- I don't mean returning it to the store to get something else.
Favorite pattern: For china? wallpaper? I'm not really sure what this means.
Favorite day of the week: Saturday. Which is why I am passionate about the beach, because everyday there is Saturday. Except for the Saturday when we have to leave the beach, and that Saturday is the only one that feels more like a Monday. Blerg.
Favorite flower: This one changes, but at the moment it's white hydrangeas. And always yellow roses.
And here are the bloggers I am nominating for this award:
- Momsicle (who was also on ODNT's list, but I won't make her write the post twice)
- 649.133 (who has one of the more clever blog names around)
- Living Life Well (who is making great progress on a very cool list)
- Motherhood WTF (who makes us all feel less alone in our parenting)
- Telling a Good Story (who doesn't blog nearly enough)
- Let Me Start By Saying (who writes funny and serious equally well)
- Naps Happen (who shows how a good nap is worth 1,000 words)
- Ninja Mom (who is a proud fellow member of Team Banana Clip)
- Fizgiggery (who is very cool, and not just because she's British)
- Don't Take the Repeats (who is awesome, and not just because she got me started in all this blogging mess)
Now go blog visiting, share some comment love -- and tell them I sent you.