I hope not -- because I want to thank Pam and Brenna for honoring me with The Versatile Blogger award and I need to apologize to both for taking many weeks to write this post.
It is an honor, right? Not just a scam for writing a list post? I mean, there's prize money in the mail, right?
Regardless, you should help me recognize both of these ladies by clicking through to their blogs: My Pamtastic Life and Suburban Snapshots. I discovered Pam through her very kind Twitter encouragement of my Couch to 5K running program, and you may already know Brenna from her brilliantly famous Why Having a Toddler Is Like Being at a Frat Party post.
I'm going to assume they both think I'm a Versatile Blogger because I write about a broad range of topics including school board politics, strategies for poop, home remodeling, recipes, children's books and pole-dancing. Guess I need to work on my niche.
In keeping with the rules of the award, I want to officially thank Pam and Brenna for reading, commenting and tweeting with me, even though they've never met me -- and for their great contributions to the blogging world. Below you'll find a list of several random things (depending on the award-giver, it's either supposed to be 7 or 10 things that I like or things about me) and a list of (up to 10) deserving, new award-winners.
In case you didn't already know...
- I have an extra kidney (sort of).
- As a kid, I broke my left arm in four places by jumping off a swing set.
- I could eat cereal and milk for three meals a day.
- I prefer not to wear socks, except with running shoes. That's one of the reasons my husband loves me.
- I get more nervous at the eye doctor than I do at the dentist.
- People tell me I look just like my mom. Growing up, I never knew what to say when people told me that. Now I think it's a compliment.
- I've never smoked cigarettes. Or anything else for that matter.
And the new winners are all recent discoveries worth your time to click, so click the links already...