In case you're looking for a little sunshine, here are a few of my favorite things (in no particular order)...
1. Wondertime magazine -- the magazine for parents written by people you'd actually want to be friends with. Beautiful design, interesting material, great writing, and no guilt. (Sadly the website isn't as lovely as the print edition, no thanks to Disney.)
2. Merrell shoes -- they're expensive, but oh-so-worth it for comfort and style in one well-fitting, long-wearing package. (I'm wearing the ones pictured to the left.)
3. Vanilla yogurt with berries and granola -- layer it in a parfait glass for a fancy dessert or dump it in a cereal bowl for a snack. It's versatile, tasty and healthy. And a little addictive, but maybe that's just me.
4. Pandora -- it's free music at your fingertips and a great way to discover artists you love that you've never heard of. Just type in your favorite bands and listen.
5. Sherwin-Williams paint -- Duration Home goes on smooth, has low VOC/odor, inhibits mildew and comes in any color (my favorite is the "sleepy blue" we used in our bathroom) . Plus the store will set up an account for you to keep track of the colors you buy, so you don't have to.
6. Picasa -- Google's free software lets you store, organize, export and email your photos and video clips with ease. And it's easier to use than Photoshop for quick fixes like cropping, removing red-eye, adjusting color/contrast or converting to sepia or black-and-white.